Pfizer – #1: FK0892
I am a 39-year-old father of three who owns my own construction business. I’ve always been very active in the sports community at my local clubs.
I have had one minor heart problem five years ago, and I have been on medications to rectify it. Despite this past health issue, I have still been able to remain in my chosen sports, but scaled back to a lower level of competition.
In August last year, I was advised that a company I had won a major contract with, was applying a mandate, and was giving work only to double-vaccinated contractors. I am as far from anti-vaccine as you can get. My entire family at that stage was fully vaccinated for everything other than COVID.
I had seen various reports of side-effects relating to heart complications, and this worried me due to my history. I made an appointment with my GP who shared the same concerns. He referred me back to the cardiologist to perform some tests to determine if I should or shouldn’t get the vaccine.
In the meantime, my GP applied for a temporary exemption from the vaccine pending the results of my tests. The Chief Health Officer in my state personally denied the application.
Upon receiving this news, my GP wrote me a letter to get me through the interim so I could at least work. This worked for the smaller sites, however my major contract was a federal government defence project and they wouldn’t accept this letter.
During this time my partner along with my eldest child got the Pfizer vaccine with no harm done. October rolled around and my test results came back to the cardiologist showing a couple of minor abnormalities, but they were nothing to cause panic. He advised my GP that I was fine to get the Pfizer or Moderna, but due to history of blood clots I should not have the AstraZeneca vaccine.
My GP was still not happy with the ‘abnormalities’, he wanted to further test and research what I could have. We got a second set of tests done through a private cardiologist. His advice upon receiving the results, was to not get the vaccine. Between him and my GP they both applied for an exemption due to past cardiac health complications. No surprise, the Chief Health Officer once again denied the exemption citing lack of precedence to prove there could be a problem.
A few weeks passed and I bit the bullet about getting the vaccine because my business was losing money. I was unable to enter the job site of the government defence project. I had to pay a contractor to do the work for me or be sued for breach of contract.
Even though my eldest child and my partner were double-vaccinated with no issues, I had a bad feeling I wasn’t going to be so lucky. But to keep my business from going broke I had to do it.
On November 23rd, 2021, I got the first Pfizer vaccine. That night my arm was dead with tingling all through it for at least six hours. I woke up feeling ok, completed my morning routine and went off to work. About three hours later I felt tightness in my chest and was struggling to breathe. I got lightheaded and felt like I was going to collapse. It was then that I knew I had f***ed up and should never have gotten the vaccine.
I was taken to hospital where I told the doctor what had happened. I mentioned my previous condition and how my GP was hesitant about me getting the vaccine. The ED doctor laughed and said, “If he’s telling you that crap then that quack needs his license to practice removed”. I butted in very abruptly and said, “Do you think it’s a coincidence I’m having these problems 24 hours after getting the vaccine then?” He ignored my comment and said to the nurse on his way out of my cubicle, “Just what I need, another anti-vax moron ruining a cruisy shift.”
Despite his attitude, they kept me for some time to be monitored and have blood tests and chest scans taken. All came back normal except for the platelet levels in my blood. They were triple the normal amount. I was given two blood thinning injections in the six hours that I was in ED and then sent home.
My official discharge report noted a preliminary diagnosis of angina caused by thickened blood. He also referred me to my GP for follow up testing and official diagnosis.
A few days passed and I was at an appointment with one of my children. On arrival we walked up a flight of stairs as we were late and had missed the elevator. At the top of the stairs my chest became tight and I was struggling to breathe again. I checked my Apple Watch and my heart rate was 161 bpm.
I sat down and waited on the chair trying to catch my breath, and the receptionist came to check on me. I collapsed on the floor and she called for help. I don’t remember much for awhile, but I woke up surrounded by paramedics. I was hooked up to machines where I could see my heart rate flipping between 40-172 bpm. The next thing I knew I was in the ambulance and off to hospital again.
Upon arrival I was placed into the resuscitation unit with the defibrillator on standby. All I remember was feeling my heart racing and pain in my chest. I had started to say my goodbyes as I thought I wouldn’t make it through.
After some time I was stabilised through medications and placed in short stay for chest scans. The scans came back with a diagnosis of mild inflammation on the heart (myocarditis). I was given medications and the doctor was getting ready for discharge.
About twenty minutes before being discharged my heart rate went up (over 120 bpm) and my chest pain returned. My nurse advised me she was ex-cardiology ward for fifteen years and that she thought I had atrial fibrillation. She advocated for me to be admitted overnight and have a cardioversion procedure to revert my heart back into normal rhythm.
I spent two nights in the hospital and had the cardioversion on day two of my stay. During my time in the ward I spoke to all my nurses. They all told me that they’d seen at least one new person per week admitted to the ward with my symptoms within fourteen days of their vaccine over the last four months.
I was discharged with beta-blockers to regulate my heart rate and blood thinners to ensure I didn’t develop clotting (which could lead to a stroke). I was instructed to see my cardiologist the following week to get further testing done.
My cardiologist told me that there was no evidence to support the theory of the vaccine causing this and to stop following conspiracies.
Over the Christmas break I could not do too much, and when I exerted myself a little bit, the chest pains returned. Over the last four to five weeks my heart felt good and I was slowly getting back to what I was like before the vaccine. That was until two days ago, when I collapsed on a work site with chest pain and a racing heart rate. Again I was rushed to hospital via an ambulance and I am still currently sitting in a hospital bed.
I was officially diagnosed with atrial fibrillation yesterday, and had another cardioversion procedure to revert my heart back into normal rhythm again. I was told I will remain in hospital until further tests have been completed. I have been booked in for an electrophysiology exam tomorrow and will potentially go on for an ablation surgery in the coming weeks. If these procedures fail I could be a candidate for a pacemaker.
I wish I had listened to my gut feeling and never got the Pfizer vaccine. I am falling into a deep depression because I cannot work to provide for my family. My business is losing money due to the added costs of contractors needed to conduct the work.